Chinese New Year Gala Dinner – 2016. Hosted by ACBC (Australian China Business Council)
The Australia China Business Council hosted a Chinese New Year Gala Dinner on Friday 19 February 2016 with the support of QV1 as the Platinum Sponsor.
The event was attended by over 500 people, including:
- Dr Huang Qinguo – Consul General – Peoples Republic of China in Perth
- Dr. Mike Nahan MLA, Treasurer Minister for Energy, Citizenship & Multicultural Interest
- Mark McGowan MLA, Leader of the Opposition, Shadow Minister for Regional Development, Economic Reform, Public Sector Management
- Adam Handley President – ACBC (WA)
- David Sun President – China Chamber of Commerce Australia Perth Branch
- Ralph Addis Director General – Department of Regional Development
- Jane Caforio State Director – Austrade
- Andrea Gleason State Director WA – Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade
QV1 Leasing Agent, Mark Clapham of Sheffield Property gave a speech detailing the benefits of becoming a tenant in Perth’s best premium grade office tower. Mark highlighted on the special onsite concierge staff and the exciting upgrades to the retail plaza and new end of trip facilities.
To demonstrate the QV1 concierge service, Katherine Kenyon-May, Lead of Concierge and Conferencing at QV1, had randomly placed 100 envelopes throughout the table place settings with gift vouchers inside, ranging from a night in the Heritage Room at the Como Treasury, to Luxury Transfers by Luxe Charters, and deluxe floral bouquets by Matthew Landers Bouquets, as well as a wide range of other gifts. This provided an example of the variety of services the QV1 concierge staff can organize for the tenants of the building.
Performances on the night included dances by local Chinese community groups; Lion Dance & Kung Fu Display by Chinese Kung Fu & Tai Chi Academy; and the Year of the Monkey Dance performed by Australia Mulan Centre & Arts Association.
The event raised over $1,500 for the Mifan Mama Charity.